Have a Slice of Oat and Nut Bar..sss
As promised (I don’t remember when), here is my Oat and Nut Bar recipe:
Katy Pie’s Oat and Nut Bars
And they’re wheat and dairy free to boot!
You will need:
- ~100g of any nuts of your choice (I use mixed nuts)
- 1 cup of rolled oats (not porridge oats)
- 1/4 cup of oat bran
- 1/4 cup of brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup of tapioca starch
- 50g of coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 egg
- vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips and seeds (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake. Put the nuts into a snap lock back and smash them with the end of a rolling pin until they’re crushed and lumpy. Combine the dry ingredients (including the sugar) in a bowl. Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in the microwave and add to the dry ingredients. Then add the egg, golden syrup and vanilla extract. When that’s all combined, add in your extras. Dark chocolate is delicious in these!
Put into a 9×9 inch pan and flatten with a spatula. Put in the oven for 15 minutes or so until the edges are brown. Let cool before cutting into squares. Serves 12.