5 Things You Didn’t Know About Your Katy-Pie
Well, well, well. Look who it is. Wait…who is it? I dunno. Anyways…
I hope you’ve all had a fabulastic week. My week has had a few ups and downs but I ended the week on a bright note! I was suffering from some anxiety attacks earlier on in the week and had to go home from work early because I wasn’t feeling so great. So I went home from work, had some chocolate (a must) and went outside to get some fresh air. I then spent the rest of the evening doing what makes me happy. That is, watching QI. This show makes me laugh without fail. Laughter is the best medicine after all, ya know!
Now for a little bit of fun.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Katy:
- I dream of travelling every. single. day. I don’t know about you, but I get random urges to go travelling. Nothing makes me happier than being on a plane and going to a foreign destination. My life’s goal is to visit as many countries as I can before a cark it.
- I can sing in Russian and French but I have no idea what the bloody hell I’m saying. For all I know I could be singing the most inappropriate of songs. It started when the band t.A.T.u. came into existence. I loved them so much that I became so obsessed that I started to learn Russian in order to understand their Russian lyrics. I even had a friend that befriended me just because I like the same band as she did and we were best friends for about a year all the while learning Russian and singing t.A.T.u. songs. I still know the lyrics to their songs but I no longer learn the language. It’s a really cool language, I have to admit. But I don’t really have the time for these kind of obsessions these days. I do, however, still remember how to speak French from learning it from school. Bonjour! (<– see)
- I have the weirdest dreams known to man. I don’t mean the kind of dreams where you sit there day dreaming. I mean dreaming in your sleep. I once dreamt that I was a watermelon. Thursday night, I dreamt it was my birthday and all of my friends were going to take me out to celebrate but instead they took my Dad out instead. WTFloogie? I even woke up crying from that one. I told my Dad and he said that the same night he dreamt that he was going around hugging everybody. Odd.
- I have a “strange” family. Not in the sense that we are all bonkers because it’s no secret that we are all absolutely insane.
- As of this week, I have to follow the FODMAP diet. Although I really don’t like calling it a diet. Basically, I am intolerant to fructose and lactose. Lucky me. I can only have certain fruits as well as cheese and yoghurt. Fruit like apples, pears, plums, peaches and other fruits high in fructose are out of the question. They make me feel ill and it is mighty unpleasant. I will spare you the details. FODMAP stands for Fermentable Oligo-, Di- and Mono-saccharides, and Polyols. You know I copy and pasted that. It’s designed for people with symptoms of IBS or IBD. I have neither but my doctor recommends that I loosely follow this way of eating and figure what works for me. It sucks because I can no longer have milk chocolate or enjoy an apple with lunch but it’s good because I am starting to feel better and I’m even getting less random bouts of sadness which I’ve heard is a symptom of an intolerance. So if you choose to eat soy and stay away from fruit even though you are still perfectly able to enjoy fruit and milk, I hate you.